Ogun State authorities have denied involvement in the alleged selection of Prince Ademorin Aliu Kuye as Awujale, insisting the process remains suspended.
In a statement on Saturday, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs said the government neither endorsed nor approved any candidate for the vacant Awujale stool.
The clarification followed rumours that an Ifa oracle had selected Prince Ademorin Aliu Kuye and that the state government had backed the outcome. The government described such claims as misleading, stressing that the selection of the Awujale is governed by established laws and traditional procedures.
It also confirmed that the process to fill the vacant throne has been temporarily halted due to complaints and petitions over the procedure. The suspension, it said, is to allow for a review to ensure transparency, legality and fairness.
The Awujale stool became vacant in July 2025 following the death of Oba Sikiru Adetona, who reigned for 65 years. The selection process had earlier been suspended over procedural concerns.